Youth Advisory Council
RAISE is committed to modeling and promoting the power of youth voice. In 2021, RAISE established a Youth Advisory Council (YAC). The YAC will be a youth lead, youth driven council. That will give expert insight and support to RAISE and the RSA-PTIs to ensure meaningful youth engagement.
Structure and Goals of the YAC
Each RSA PTI identifies 1 young adult (age 16-26) in their region to be a part of this 8 person YAC.
The goals of the YAC are:
- Hold regular virtual meetings to talk about the goals and progress of the YAC.
- Make products that support the goals of the technical assistance provided by the RAISE Center. Examples of this will be webinars, toolkits, or one-pagers.
- Take part in the RAISE Advisory Partnership meetings
- Attend the RAISE Summit and provide a youth focused presentation.
- Create youth focused social media presence
- Provide feedback on products that are made by RAISE and the RSA PTI’s that are for youth and families.
Have questions about the YAC? Please reach out to our Youth Engagement Coordinator, Everett Deibler at firstname.lastname@example.org
RAISE Youth Engagement Toolkit Series
Looking for some help with engaging youth in the programs, services, or day to day operations of your parent center? Take a look at this series of youth engagement toolkits that were written and reviewed by young adults!
- Youth Engagement Toolkit for Parent Centers
- Youth Development Toolkit for Parent Centers
- Youth Leadership Toolkit for Parent Centers
- Youth Individual Empowerment Toolkit for Parent Centers
- Youth Collective Empowerment Toolkit for Parent Centers